O2 Tool – AST Search (.NET Static Analysis)
Here is a very useful tool built on top of O2‘s AST-base static analysis engine.
The tool is is called ‘Search AST’ and allows for ‘AST based’ searches of C# source code files.
How to use this tool
- On main O2 Gui, in the ‘Custom O2s’ tab, click on the ‘DotNet Static Analysis’ button:
- Then on the ‘AST & PoCS’ tab , click on the ‘ascx_SearchAST’ button:
- This will open a gui that looks like this:
- Now find the folder with the C# source code to analyse and drag & Drop it into the rigth-left treeview
- Once that loads up, you can select on the INode types on the left to see the cases where they show up
- You can do searches on the selected INode type (in this find searching for WebMethod in the Attribute INodes)
- and you can also do a global search on ALL INodes
- the list show on the Search Result TreeView is the unique list of string matches
- and the list that is show on the ‘Source Code Lines’ Treeview is a list of the source code lines that match the current selected item